Last updated on: August 30th, 2022 at 10:54 pm
DOWNLOADS– 1. NGESSO Guidelines
The Government of Nagaland has launched the Nagaland Government Ex-Gratia Scheme for Students Studying Outside Nagaland (NGESSO) to provide an Ex-Gratia of ₹ 5 Lakh in the event of any unfortunate deaths of Indigenous Naga Students of Nagaland who are studying outside the State in different parts of the country. Students have to register themselves with the Directorate of Higher Education, Nagaland, for availing this Scheme.
How to Apply?
- Download and print the Registration Form (Annexure A) (Closed for 2021)
- Fill the Form
- Submit the filled Form with required documents by Hand/Speed Post within the stipulated time period to the following address-
NGESSO Section, Directorate of Higher Education, Below Nagaland Secretariat, Nagaland, Kohima-797001.
A. Eligibility Criteria:
The Scheme shall be eligible for:
- Students belonging to any recognised Scheduled Tribes /Indigenous inhabitants of Nagaland State only.
- Students who are admitted to regular course with a minimum duration of 1 year course in any recognised institutions outside the State of Nagaland but within India only.
- Students pursuing studies from primary level till Post Doctoral Courses.
- Students who are pursuing studies in Secular /Technical /Professional / Diploma/Theology/ course etc.
- Students who have registered their names and details under the Office of the Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Nagaland : Kohima.
- Students who have nominated the name and details of their nominee for claims of the Ex-Gratia Scheme during registration.
- Students whose Death have occurred outside Nagaland.
- Students residing in Nagaland and pursuing correspondence / distance education courses outside the State are not eligible.
B. Coverage: Death cases only.
C. Amount: Rs.5,00,000/-(Rupees five lakh)only.
D. How to make the claim the Ex-Gratia?
The Nominee can claim the Ex-Gratia amount within a period of 2 (two) months after the death of the students by furnishing the following documents :
- Nominee of the deceased student should submit an application to the Director, Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Nagaland, Kohima mentioning about the name of the deceased student/date of death /cause of death/place of death.
- Certificate issued by Police Officer from the nearest Police Station where the student died.
- Certificate issued by the principals/HOD’s of Institutions where the student was studying.
- The Nominee shall furnish the Registration ID Number of the deceased student, generated by the Directorate of Higher Education.
- The Nominee shall submit his/her Bank Account Number/Name and Address of the Bank/IFSC of the bank supported by a photo copy of the front page of the bank Pass Book.
- The Nominee shall sign an undertaking prepared by the Directorate of Higher Education.
E. Renewal of Registration:
It shall be mandatory for all the registered students to renew their registration every academic year (annually).
Issue of Form: Closed for 2021.
Last Date of Submission of Form: Closed for 2021.
For queries: ngessodhe[AT]gmail[DOT]com