Rashtriya Uchchtar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA)
Last updated on: November 3rd, 2021 at 08:23 pm
Rashtriya Uchchtar Shiksha Abhiyan is the most ambitious project being undertaken by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to provide strategic funding to higher education sector in the country.
The objective of the mission is to improve the quality of higher education sector through sectoral, institutional academic & governance reforms, etc.
Achievements made under RUSA 1.0 (in the last 5 years)
Ongoing activities under RUSA 2.0
Under RUSA 2.0 a total outlay for ₹ 84 crores was approved for 10 projects which includes the following.
- Construction of one hostel for ST girls students at Kohima Science College (Autonomous), Jotsoma under Equity Initiative component.
- Enhancing Quality and Excellence component for Kohima Science College (Autonomous), Jotsoma.
- Establishment of one New Model Degree College (General) at Tzupaksa, under Mangkolemba Sub-Division of Mokokchung District.
- Establishment of one new Professional College (Engineering College) at Tzurangsa under Mokokchung District.
- Establishment of one new Professional College (Professional College of Music & Fine Arts) at Tsiesema under Kohima District.
- Upgradation of Girls Hostel at Kohima College Kohima.
- Upgradation of Classrooms at Fazl College, Mokokchung.
- Upgradation of Library Building at Dimapur Government College, Dimapur.
- Upgradation of Academic Building at Phek Government College, Phek.
- Upgradation of Academic Building at Mount Tiyi College, Wokha.